General FAQs

Registration and Compliance FAQs

How do I register as a contractor?

On the NCA website, click the ‘Contractors’ tab then click on ‘Register to be a contractor’. This will take you to the registration portal. Click on ‘Register to create an account’ and fill in the requested information. Log into your account with the National ID/Passport Number and password, then follow the prompts. View full registration process HERE.

How do I renew my annual practicing license?

On the NCA website, click on ‘Renewals’ then ‘Renewal of Practicing Licence’. Log into your NCA account and click ‘Load Licences’ then ‘Proceed’ and submit the information and documentation that will be requested. Only contractors who have registered for and attended a CPD training worth 10 points are eligible for renewal. Click HERE to view full renewal process.

I have a training certificate but I still cannot renew my practicing license. What do I do?

It could be that the training certificate is not valid for the financial year. You can contact for further assistance.

As a new contractor, how do I apply for registration when I do not have three years’ worth of audited accounts?

For new contractors, this requirement is not mandatory.

How do I upgrade or downgrade my registration category?
On the NCA website, log into your NCA account and click on ‘Upgrade/Downgrade’. Submit the documentation as prompted, then pay the registration fee of Kes. 5,000. After evaluation, you will be required to pay the requisite fees for your new category. View full process HERE.


Main questions about Accreditation

What is accreditation?

This is the process by which a construction worker or site supervisor applies for an NCA issued accreditation card which shows the trade under which they are qualified.

How can I get accredited?

By applying online on the NCA website. Click HERE to view process.

How can I get accredited if I don’t have any formal training?

On the online application, you should attach a recommendation letter from a contractor, quantity surveyor, architect or engineer that demonstrates your experience working with them. Click HERE to view process.

How much do I pay for accreditation?

For construction site supervisors, it is Kes. 2,000 and Kes. 1,000 for construction workers, each for a period of three years